Skip to main content

Hair today gone tomorrow

Ok here goes, as much as I hate having my photo taken I have decided to take one of my terrible after pregnancy hair and share it with the whole world of internet mummy's.
I really am a very self conscious person so for me this is a huge step, I am one of those people that worries when I walk out the door people will look at that extra bit of weight I've gained recently or the fact I haven't washed my hair for a couple of days and I've cheated with the dry shampoo and think I'm a slob, I know deep down most people aren't as judgemental as the thoughts running through my head say they are but that doesn't change the way I feel. Unfortunately I really haven't had that much choice this time round, it all started just after giving birth to my fourth daughter, hair loss after pregnancy is something I've always had to endure only this time it was different.

I woke one morning went to the bathroom mirror, brushed my hair and started to pull it back into a pony tail ready for the school run only to notice my hairline starting to recede slightly I was mortified and on further inspection I had two bald patches, nothing major but enough for me to notice. My eyes started to fill, I have always had thick hair and so much of it so I had to hold on to the hope it would grow back. HORMONES though why do they have to wreak havoc on our bodies so much,
Irregular periods, bloating, cramping, greasy hair OMG the list is endless and don't get me wrong I absolutely love being pregnant I mean I have done it four times but who doesn't love having saggy breasts, piles, stretch marks, that flabby baby belly, leaky boobs and hormones flying around so much that one minute you look at your other half and feel overwhelmed with love and emotion for the miracles in life they have given you and then ten minutes later you want to strangle them. Motherhood is a rollercoaster from the day you conceive till, well forever after that I think, because the worrying never ends, you loose your hair after giving birth it grows back and then it either greys or goes bald when they become teenagers and don't come home (I dread those days).
Honestly though they are worth every hair on my head and I couldn't imagine life without them, so don't worry ladies if your suffering hair loss after having a baby it should grow back, it may look silly for a few months after but it will get there just grin and bear it.

Take a look (CRINGE)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flamingo Land Review

I decided to do my next blog as a review for flamingo land as this was the first time myself and my family have visited this attraction. We went for may bank holiday as Wish FM had a special offer for half price family tickets so it only cost £60 as we have two children 3 years and under that were free. The gate price would have been £120 so it is a great savings for a family day out. When we arrived there was ample parking which is free. There was a pirate show on at 11am at the main entrance of the park which my children loved even my 11 year old got enjoyment from it as there was singing and dancing. My first impressions of the park were it was spacious and clean. I try to avoid using public toilets as much as I can as there normally always quite dirty in these types of places from so many people using them, this was not the case at this park the toilets were spotless and obviously cleaned regular throughout the day. The rides were all very well maintained as none looked old or wo
Check Back next week for an update on Pippa's weaning. If there is anything you would like to hear from me please comment and I will do my best. If you are enjoying my blog please follow and subscribe for updates. Have a lovely week!!!

Exams

Ok I have decided to do a blog once a week as I dont always have time to update every day and I have tried to write this post three times and every time I do something happens like, the kids fighting over a blue crayon or fighting over the colour of a silly ikea plate and so on. This week I decided to have a rant about childrens exams because my 11 year old daughter is currently sitting her year 6 sats. I have been relatively lucky as my daughter hasn't stressed out over these tests but I do know that plenty of children have. I think its a disgrace to have children so young suffering anxiety and put under so much pressure all so the government can see how well the school is performing. Shouldn't the children be asessed all throughout the year and make the tests less stressful by making it casual. When I was in primary school I dont remember it being a very big deal or maybe I just wasn't that bothered, I mean I have to admit I was never very bright and was always a bi

Sleep Training Update.

Im so pleased to say that we cracked it, within just four days my baby now sleeps without needing do sooth on the breast. After day one and it taking 26 minutes to get her to sleep day two was even better it only took 15 minutes, I decided to leave 5 minute intervals between going in to give her back a little rub to reassure her I was still nearby. Day three was 5 minutes of crying and then she was asleep, I was in shock, I had it in my head the first few days would be sleepless and heartbreaking for hours, but no she has amazed us. We are now on day four and she had a little winge and fell straight to sleep, to be totally honest though as soon as she gets near her sleeping bag and cot a little tantrum starts because she knows whats coming. She still wakes at least once through the night, I give her a little feed and take her straight back to her bed AWAKE this is the important part, for this method to work. Again she will have a little cry for a couple of minutes and then drifts off

Youtube

I now have a youtube channel, link below, check it out and if enjoy don't forget to like and subscribe. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbU09ZQpmIqM83xAtZOdGHQ

Welcome

Welcome to my first ever blog and to start with I have to apologise as I have no idea what im doing so learning along the way a bit like being a mum really. First I will indrouduce myself and my not so little family. I am a mother of four beautiful girls aged 11, 5, 3 and 7 months. Im going to share with you the highs and lows of a hectic but very rewarding life as a mum of four. I can imagine there are a lot of mothers (and lets not forget fathers) that can relate to the things im going to say. I look forward to starting my blogger journey with you all.

Weaning Worries

Well you would think that 4th time round weaning would be simple well that's not true not with my youngest, she is the most difficult baby ive had with eating and drinking. I have exclusively breastfed now for 7 and a half months and thats not totally by choice. Since my little one has been around 5 months old I have tried her with expressed milk and different brands of formula milk, I have bought so many differnt brands of bottles and none of them have been good enough for the picky little madam that she is already turning into so I decided forget the bottles and try a cup with milk in and like everything else ive tried it was another FAIL. By the time she was 6 months old I decided it was time to start weaning onto food and that has been another disaster. Playing aeroplane or choo choo train just doesnt work with this stubborn baby girl. This is the heartbroken little face I have to contend with at every meal time. However she will happily chomp away on baby carrot crisps

Review on SONY A5000 Camera

Hello, Sorry the photo isn't great, it would have been much better had I took it with my new camera but that would have involved a camera selfie and to be quite honest I would rather not scare any readers away, as today was a PJ day for my family with the weather being shoddy so I'm now in need of a shower after all the running around today. Its the start of the half term and the kids have run me ragged already, though I do really enjoy them being off school for family days even if it is just to parks. So as half term was coming up and we have a weekend break planned the hubby and I decided to invest in a camera, we normally use our phones which do have decent cameras on but its just not the same as using a real camera. We went for the SONY A5000 after reading some pretty good reviews and it having everything we wanted and needed. Its a compact camera so its much smaller than a bridge camera, which makes it slightly lighter and easier to hold and store away. I perso
Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/thedummymummyk/